TRANS*H4CK Code of Conduct
Because trans and gender nonconforming people already experience unique forms of discrimination, it is important to us that all Trans*H4CK events are safe and harassment free spaces for everyone involved.
We honor all gender identities, races, sexualities, body types, economic backgrounds, abilities, religious beliefs and overall ways of human being, as we believe that diversity of experiences is key to successful collaborations.
All Trans*H4CK participants, volunteers, mentors, speakers, and team members are expected to follow this code of conduct the entirety of Trans*H4CK events and in all Trans*H4CK virtual spaces.
What is harassment?
Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender identity and expression (such as purposefully misgendering someone), sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion, exhibiting sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention, are also forms of harassment.
If any Trans*H4CK participants are asked to stop harassing behavior, they are expected to comply immediately. The Trans*H4CK team may take any action we deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the event.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the Trans*H4CK team immediately.
We do not tolerate:
- Offensive jokes of any sort: None. Zip. Zilch. So don’t try it.
- Gender assumptions: Do not assume gender. If you are unsure of someones preferred gender pronoun, address them by their name. They might tell you and if they don’t, that is ok, too!
- Unsolicited Touch: Everyone’s physical space must be respected at all times. No touching of other people without their consent–this includes hugs (but I am sure a lot of people would love a hug if you asked first!).
- Bathroom Police: As part of creating a gendersafe space, Trans*H4CK events will always have gender neutral bathrooms.
- Hate Speech: We do not tolerate any conversations or presentations that involve racist thinking, transphobia, homophobia, classism, and other explicit forms of ignorance.
We expect all participants of Trans*H4CK events to uphold this code of conduct at all times.